mt vernon ae insert bad tc drop tube code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

diggerdunn

Jan 14, 2023
Wantage NJ
Message:**hello all...appreciate your time in taking the time to read about my frustrating past week and with hopes held high shedding some insight as to how i can resolve it because right now I am at a complete loss on where to go from here...my mt. vernon quadra fire ae insert throws a bad TC drop tube..followed the troubleshooting as per the manual and still have the same code appearing...let me explain lol...the stove will not even get to a point where it starts its normal startup procedure..it immediately goes to bad tc drop tube...i have replaced both the tc drop tube and firepot tc already... along with a new snap disc#3(only snap disc on my model which i found the terminals to be somewhat charred...fixed them and tested for positive continuity) and with following the troubleshooting guide replaced the convection blower( same result)... then the entire board..ugh!!..and still the same code immediately appears...any insight would be greatly appreciated...how do i tell if the snap disc switch is tripped or not?....and does it matter which way the wires connect to the snap disc???.so hard to tell and its a little different then what it replaced??..convection wiring harness???...vacuum switch??..auger feed maybe??....igniter coil??..the possibilities are endless it seamsalthough i cant see any of that since it never even gets to that stage...so frustrating...thank you

Sometimes the area that the dt tc connects to gets rusty and allows it to lose signal. Try sanding that area clean under wing nut and see what it does. kap

Message:**hello all...appreciate your time in taking the time to read about my frustrating past week and with hopes held high shedding some insight as to how i can resolve it because right now I am at a complete loss on where to go from here...my mt. vernon quadra fire ae insert throws a bad TC drop tube..followed the troubleshooting as per the manual and still have the same code appearing...let me explain lol...the stove will not even get to a point where it starts its normal startup procedure..it immediately goes to bad tc drop tube...i have replaced both the tc drop tube and firepot tc already... along with a new snap disc#3(only snap disc on my model which i found the terminals to be somewhat charred...fixed them and tested for positive continuity) and with following the troubleshooting guide replaced the convection blower( same result)... then the entire board..ugh!!..and still the same code immediately appears...any insight would be greatly appreciated...how do i tell if the snap disc switch is tripped or not?....and does it matter which way the wires connect to the snap disc???.so hard to tell and its a little different then what it replaced??..convection wiring harness???...vacuum switch??..auger feed maybe??....igniter coil??..the possibilities are endless it seamsalthough i cant see any of that since it never even gets to that stage...so frustrating...thank you
I have the same issue but only when running in "Manual" mode. Have you tried switching the "On/Manual/Automatic" adjustment to automatic? (My stove is 15 years old ) Mine has been operating this way for about a year.