Mt Vernon AE Insert - Question on fit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkenney65

Jun 13, 2008
New England
I am interested in purchasing either the Harman Accentra or the Quad Mt Vernon pellet insert. My first choice is the Mt Vernon for the look and the increased output. The issue I have is that my fireplace is about 1/2" to 1" short on the front width (all other measurements are fine). The dealer indicates that this would result in the insert sticking out about 1/4" front the front of the fireplace.

Interested in people's opinions on whether: will this work?.....is it safe?....is it going to look dumb?....should I just forget about it and find a smaller insert.

Thanks in advance for your response....

It can be dressed to look intentional. There's no reason why the gap couldn't be filled with a black gasket or other filler depending on it's width.

Status
Not open for further replies.