Mt Vernon AE insert thermo couple Control board friction connector.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Truels2

Feb 22, 2021
Good morning,

I went to replace my thermo couple on my Mt vernon Ae insert and noticed there was no Pressure tight friction connector on the control board ( not sure if previous owner lost it at some point). Does anyone know where i can buy a replacement as im having an issue locating it. I did plug the Thermo couple into the bare pins and it seems to make a tight fit (stove was not plugged in when i did this) Can i run it without the pressure connector or will that cause issues?

Thank you.
-Shawn

You are probably talking about the plastic piece that the end of the thermocouple wire platic side plugs into? Someone probably broke it off the board. You can use stove anyway. It can be hard to find those little things, but if you want to try, try Mouser and Digi-key.

Yes that is the piece im talking about. But from what iv gathered doing some research it is a pressure fit piece. Even the manual shows it as be able to come off the board. The two posts on the board are still attached and not damaged. I have the thermo couple plugged in but iv yet to power it up yet i wanted to make sure it wasnt going to cause any harm doing it this way.

Yes that is the piece im talking about. But from what iv gathered doing some research it is a pressure fit piece. Even the manual shows it as be able to come off the board. The two posts on the board are still attached and not damaged. I have the thermo couple plugged in but iv yet to power it up yet i wanted to make sure it wasnt going to cause any harm doing it this way.
Yes,sometimes they just snap in. If your wire teminals are snug when you pushed them on,you will be fine.But,in the long run,vibrations can affect it. Best you can do is go to those places I gave,and visually match it up,dimensions are listed also.Unless you have a friend in electronics,they would be more likely to find proper one faster. Or find an old control board to get one from.

Any kind of glue,just a small dab,metal from terminal to metal on connector. Some caulk never dries.