Mt Vernon AE install completed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
PICS! So it DID happen :) http://tinyurl.com/78hjt5b
Tried to take a pic of the "opps" but it didnt come out, to dark

Thanks to everyone for your help. ( and the Mods here for the length of the other thread :) sowwy ) Special thanks to this dealer Acushnet Alternative Heating of Acushnet, MA. you guys talk about good dealers and bad dealers. I have to say this dealer is top notch. He was sending an installer to fix my mess, but i got it done. I had to run out there to get a 6 inch pipe charged me cost offered me anything i needed to get it done. So i gotta give him props, he took the time to make sure i was satisfied and it is very much appreciated. The guy just had a baby 2 days ago ( well his wife i guess lol ) and he was there for me He is suppose to be getting a shipment of Hamers hot ones after Thanksgiving for those around me that cant find them, keep an eye out. As far as the price of the stove, even Eric from Kinsman said ' wow ". You would think that a dealer blowing stoves out that cheap wouldnt bother with customer service as much. But i'm a happy camper :)

(Edit for J ) NO surge protector at the time i was to anxious to fire it up ... its on now!

Future plan is to get rid of the pad and probably have the whole corner done with the front mooning or circling wall to wall, and maybe Pennsylvania stone work on the walls, if that happens then plug relocation as well.

Wahoo we have fire! hehe! What no surge suppressor??

Now I can say happy birthday and enjoy the new toy. Keep us posted on how you fancy the new piece of iron! ;-)

SmokeyTheBear said:
Got heat?

WOW do i !! i loaded it with Green Supreme. I just probed it 250 degrees !! Maybe even more i will probe it again later

my NonAE could only get 180 with GS and 240 with Oakies that makes me really happy right now

Congrats
Im glad you were able to work it out and keep the stove you wanted

oldmountvernon said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Got heat?

WOW do i !! i loaded it with Green Supreme. I just probed it 250 degrees !! Maybe even more i will probe it again later

my NonAE could only get 180 with GS and 240 with Oakies that makes me really happy right now

Were ya able to burn it in outdoors or is she stinkin ya out?

smoke show said:
oldmountvernon said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Got heat?

Were ya able to burn it in outdoors or is she stinkin ya out?

The plan was to burn it out in the garage, but with all i been thru i just fired it up. Wasnt bad at all only smelled for about 20 minutes

I'm in 2 hours burning all is ok But it just went to shutdown mode i have it on manual. heat output max, temp at 98 hold but temp reading is 73

Use softwood on auto andset temp 2 degres higher than desired.

See if u like it like that.

I mite be wrong but i think it will auto clean more on manual.

On mine the glass wil stay cleaner the lower the flame height is set.

smoke show said:

Ok trying that... but the Stat says its 80 in here, but its not its 70

i put flame height to 1 . what is yours ?

Very nice.... Its about time.

Satisfying isnt it? Job well done. Bravo sir, Bravo.....

You jumped into this pellet thing Head 1st!!! Guns slinging and bombs flying... Stuck to your gut and now you have one of the most technologicaly advanced stoves out there. Along with being a Big Time BTU producer.

Looks awesome. Im sure that your glad its finally over. You have done a lot of work to get this far.

Thanks dexter ya i went at it fast and hard lol to fast. My only regret is being stubborn and having to prove a pellet stove worthy thus buying a used one to see for myself.

oldmountvernon said:
Thanks dexter ya i went at it fast and hard lol to fast. My only regret is being stubborn and having to prove a pellet stove worthy thus buying a used one to see for myself.

Lesson learned and you are now wiser because of it.

Your happy with your decision and that all that matters. You educated yourself in a week, what most would take a year to figure out.

Having Smoke show (among other members) to lead you down the right path, os a huge Plus in my book..

Good luck and I hope it suited for your heating needs. You have the BTU's, now the hard part is moving the air... Having the HP is half the battle, so your already ahead of the game.

oldmountvernon said:
smoke show said:

You can adjust the temp cal under user settings so it reads properly.

I usually run my flame height kinda high I would rather wiper the glass then have a low flame. right now I'm at zero.

Have u read the manual? Lotsa good info regarding the wall control and settings.

ya reading it here and there. found the set cal so when im in there if it says 80 and i say its 70 in here , just - it down to 70 correct ? sounds like a stupid question but just want to be sure

I don't think mine was that far apart.

Go for it if it will compensate 10 degrees.

oldmountvernon said:
smoke show said:

You can make the thermostat match the temperature from another thermometer, by adjusting the temp setting on the thermostat to match. I think it is actually called temp calibration in the users menu.

Building Inspector just left I PASSED ! :) I put masking tape around the thimble to hide the Opps and toldem i put it there to silicone without making a mess :) I'll get a pic up later

You guys arent gonna believe it but he said i can put a pellet stove in the bedroom, but NOT in the garage

oldmountvernon said:
Building Inspector just left I PASSED ! :) I put masking tape around the thimble to hide the Opps and toldem i put it there to silicone without making a mess :) I'll get a pic up later

You guys arent gonna believe it but he said i can put a pellet stove in the bedroom, but NOT in the garage

Oh I believe it.

Depends upon where you are what you can do, just remember just because code enforcement says it is ok, doesn't mean the the stove manufacturer has to honor the warranty or that the insurance company has to allow it.

There are so many hands in the situation that you can be legal but not insurable, etc ....

SmokeyTheBear said:
oldmountvernon said:

Oh I believe it.

Depends upon where you are what you can do, just remember just because code enforcement says it is ok, doesn't mean the the stove manufacturer has to honor the warranty or that the insurance company has to allow it.

There are so many hands in the situation that you can be legal but not insurable, etc ....

I agree when i notify my insurance about this install i will ask them as well. I know people that have fireplaces in their bedrooms granted the houses are huge. Now that is something i really dont agree with

Status
Not open for further replies.