Mt Vernon AE - no power!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AndyPellet

Oct 21, 2018
Maryland
Newbie here!
Brand new Mt Vernon AE free standing pellet stove - professionally installed and thermostat wired up.
Store is closed today!
Read quick start guide and owners manual multiple times.
Finally plugged her in and....absolutely nothing- no power at thermostat or anywhere else! Checked all connections and outlet!
Did not add pellets yet (per quick start guide)- could that be my issue? Circuit cut without weight of pellets?
Quick start guide and owners manual differ in sequence of when to add pellets: quick start states to select fuel type first!!

Hoping to get a new power cord today to see if that is the issue.
Thanks in advance.

Andy

Professionally installed and they didn’t fire it up and run it? Explain how it works? Explain how to clean and do maintenance? Try plugging a lamp into the wall outlet to ensure your socket works and you have power. I would try the stove without the thermostat first. Follow the instructions in the manual first. The quick guid isn’t that informative. Let us know how you make out

Reactions: kappel15
Professionally installed and they didn’t fire it up and run it? Explain how it works? Explain how to clean and do maintenance? Try plugging a lamp into the wall outlet to ensure your socket works and you have power. I would try the stove without the thermostat first. Follow the instructions in the manual first. The quick guid isn’t that informative. Let us know how you make out

Due to my location i had to use a different company for the installation than the one that sold me the stove, but as i mentioned i can’t get in touch with them today.
I just thought I’d come here for some help and friendly advice at the mean time.
Per my original post, I did check the outlet, all connections and read all manuals multiple times.
I can certainly disconnect the thermostat and see what happens. I was just wondering if pellets vs no pellets could be the easy answer.
Thanks for your help.

On the back of the stove there is 2 plug in connections 1 is for AC outlet the other is for battery backup plug in.Make sure the AC cord is plugged into the correct one on the back of stove.

On the back of the stove there is 2 plug in connections 1 is for AC outlet the other is for battery backup plug in.Make sure the AC cord is plugged into the correct one on the back of stove.

Actually you can't reverse the plugs. Power cord has a female receptacle that plugs into a male on the stove end. Battery backup is just the opposite on the stove end.

Reactions: kappel15
When you plug the stove in, does the Wall control light up and work? Nothing will happen till you set all the settings on wall control, and put some pellets in hopper. Don't need a bunch in case something is wrong. Just enough to cover bottom of hopper. And it blows me away that someone would install this stove, without going over things with you. kap