Mt Vernon AE side panel screws - Which

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Breaktackle

Feb 14, 2022
NY
Hello,

I am new to the forums, thank you for accepting. We had purchased a house with a Mt Vernon AE standalone pellet stove, and the previous owner had the side panels off without the hardware around. There was an issue with the ignitor and thermocouple that I just ended up troubleshooting and fixing, but I didn't want to strip the side holes where the screws are by picking arbitrary fasteners. The manual has an exploded view of the components but they left out the fasteners in the exploded diagrams, and just have mass packets of fasteners at the bottom of the parts list. Does anyone have information on the size/pitch of these screws or have a picture of which ones they are? There appear to be 8 screw holes, with 3 on each side at the rear and one on the bottom. Thank you for looking and have a great day.

Hello,

Just an update for this, Quadra-Fire came back and said these were 7000-426/10. Mountain View Hearth Products mentions these are 1/4-20 x 5/8" and there's no way they're that wide, they look to be about 1/8" based on the holes. I just don't want to strip the sheet metal in the stove. Thanks for looking.

They are just a small screw, that fits the hole size. kap

Sorry to bump this but I've bought sheet metal screws #4 and #6 as well as M3 and M4 to test and they are all incorrect. #6 loosely goes in some holes and not others, I wouldn't be surprised if the previous owner mixed and matched what they had around. Would anyone have a picture of one or let me know if it's a coarse thread please? If I knew what was correct I would feel more confident just sending them all home to standardize it again.

Thanks.