Mt Vernon AE Thermostat Replacement / Compatibility

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

djgkrh

Nov 19, 2021
PA
We recently moved in to a home with two Mt Vernon AE stoves that were installed in 2012.

Both are working fine, but the thermostats on both seems to be on their way out. On one stove the screen on the thermostat is starting to die (about 1/3 of the screen is very dark). On the other the thermostat doesn't seem to keep time correctly (I've reset the clock a few times but within a day it's off by at least 10-15 minutes).

We don't now much about these stoves, this being our first time owning a pellet stove - are the thermostats tied to the model of the stove? I.e. if we need to replace the thermostat for either of these, is the only option an equivalent thermostat from Quadrafire?

We're going to contact the dealer that installed these, but we're just trying to gather some information first.

yes I believe they are programmed for the stove model