mt vernon error code "min firepot temp"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow a new stove.... I hope they got authorization for that from Quad, otherwise they are going to be sitting on a used, broken stove.

Regardless, that was a great thing for them to do instead of making many trips with attempted repairs (since they did not seem to know what was going on I assume it would have taken many trips).

Glad it works out for you, enjoy the heating monster.

That's the main problem with a AE. There is only so much a dealer can check and the rest of the time it will be the board or thermostat malfunction. A lot of times you can solve things by taking the cover off the thermostat -then reassemble it and it will work.

Actually the dealer can check just about everything if the tech is competent, has good troubleshooting skills, knows how to use a multimeter, and has a good understanding of electricity / electronics. I would say this is probably a rare list skills for a fireplace tech which is unfortunate. These skills not only help me with complicated stove like the AE, but even the simplest of fireplaces with millivolt valves and virtually no "electronics" in them.

The one thing I found out you cannot really test is the damned wire harness plugs, which apparently some of the wires they had pulled so tight it made them loose connections. Causing auger errors for two of my customers. Replaced the 10-pin (I think its 10) harness and all was good. Re-routing the wires so they were not so tight of course. This was done per Quads suggestion after telling them the problem.

Some of the problems that can come up with this stove there is no baseline for, so no one really knows what is causing it exactly. For most gas fireplaces or other more "simple" pellet stoves the technology has ben around so long there is a list of possible causes for each problem. For the AE that list is shorter but ever growing as problems are found and resolved.

There is also the option of just replacing every part that has to do with the problem, and billing it to Quad warranty. That usually fixes it also :)

The tech is competent is a mouthful. I can tell you know what is happening but my local dealer techs were out to lunch after they got their install bonus. When one of them stuck their finger on the glass and burned their finger they said Man that is hot! And that was about the extent of the trouble shooting.
I might add that I am not slamming AE techs only as you will find the same thing in several different stores. Seems like way to many people got in for the quick buck and no service after the sale.
Actually that should make it easy to develop a good rep among the customer base.

yvonnekdublin said:
Hi everyone. There seems to be a lot of problems with these stoves!
I wouldn't say theres alot of problems,but would say there are alot of Quad owners.With the amount of quad stoves out there your gonna hear about the problems with them alot more,same goes for harmans.

yvonnekdublin said:
Hi everyone. There seems to be a lot of problems with these stoves!

I would say its more of a problem with incompetent service techs. Its more technology than a basic fireplace tech can handle.

The more complicated stoves are made the more helpless some of the service techs are.
The AE was released before it was a proven product. There is no argument about that. The company is still playing with the board inserting new software etc but it is getting better. I know some people that burn pellets and have gone the entire winter without problems
My biggest problem with the AE is after you trouble shoot for loose wires, bad thermo coupler, etc and end up with the problem in the board the tech should be able to hook up a laptop and get into the boards brain and change what is bad. But Quadrafire will make them remove it and send it in for repair or replacement.
As a opposing choice I as a owner can hook up my laptop to my Bixby and finetune the software to my choosing.
There is a lot of the AEs out there but a lot of owners didn't get the updates and their stoves don't work as good as they should. I know of a couple AE owners that had problems and the dealer just ignored them so the AE is gathering dust in some corner of a shed waiting for steel prices to go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.