Mt Vernon fire box.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Diypete

Dec 8, 2020
Michigan
Looking for any info on Mt Vernon OE fire box replacement. I've picked up a stove and found all internal metal is RUSTY! I basicly have the outer Mahagony, everything else is rusted out or froze up. The stove was apparently installed in a swimming pool area...
Question #1, what fire box could i use? (Looks like AE and E2 use the same exterior parts.)
Question #2, did they make a Mt Vernon OE insert? I see AE and E2 inserts and wondered if the fireboxes would be similar.
Thanks in advance!

Fire box? I’m assuming you mean the burn pot(big round cast iron cylinder wirh holes)? The fire box is the inside of the stove.

Fire box? I’m assuming you mean the burn pot(big round cast iron cylinder wirh holes)? The fire box is the inside of the stove.

Attachments

• 20201014_122357.jpg
    20201014_122357.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 140
wow might better buy another stove . i don't believe you can buy that separately. id look into soda blasting it

Wow. If the hard parts are that bad I can only imagine what kind of corrosion there is on the circuit boards and the connections. This stove has finicky connections when it is not a corroded mess. I would look for a working stove and put your mohogany exterior in it. Hopefully you dont have much in it.

Located a new stove! My original stove was an early 06'. The latest purchase was 04'. Everything swaps over fine but i'm noticing differences.
My 06' has 11 heat exchanger tubes, the 04' has 12??? Anyone ever run into this?

Reactions: Ssyko
Kap would know best

Reactions: Ssyko