Mt Vernon insert won't light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

njpain

Feb 26, 2017
New Jersey
I have a ? 6-7 year old Mt. Vernon Insert. In the time I have had it I have replaced the igniter twice and the thermocouple three times. I am now again experiencing the stove stuck in startup, I see glow of igniter ( and feel heat on bottom of the glass ). pellets feed but no ignition. It goes through an autoclean cycle several times and then gives a failed ignition error. In the past a forum member advised clearing debris from the igniter slit at the bottom of the firepot and that worked. I have done that this time without success.

I have an igniter. Should I change the igniter even though I feel it heating up? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

How did you come out on this?