Must cruise at 700*F

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobudo

Sep 10, 2008
MN
It was -35*F last night (actual temp- don' even want to guess windchill!) Cold again tonight and tomorrow night.
My Castine will be cruising at 650-700*F for a week straight with no break. I'll still need to run the propane heaters in the bedrooms to keep it at a livable 65*F inside.
Well, at least there are no mosquitos this time of year!!!
Gotta love Northern Minnesota.
Now I am going out to do some ice fishing. Lake Trout for dinner it is!

Reactions: raybonz
Yup! No slapping going on now. ;lol Keep wood in the stove!

My liberty was cruising between 700 and 750 with the blower on medium for most of the day. Still on my first full load of the day after burning 3 splits this morning to get the coal bed up going to load 5 splits E/W to take me to the overnight load which is going to consist of a very large oak split, one large maple, 2 locust square slabs and as many small ones as it takes to fill the spaces:)

It was -35*F last night (actual temp- don' even want to guess windchill!) Cold again tonight and tomorrow night.
My Castine will be cruising at 650-700*F for a week straight with no break. I'll still need to run the propane heaters in the bedrooms to keep it at a livable 65*F inside.
Well, at least there are no mosquitos this time of year!!!
Gotta love Northern Minnesota.
Now I am going out to do some ice fishing. Lake Trout for dinner it is!
Kobudo, how do you keep your castine running 650-700?
I have one and on my stovetop thermometer when it is cruising nicely, lots of secondaries and really throwing heat, mine seems to be running 550 -600 for about three hours and then gradually throttling back. Burning good wood - do you really stuff your stove to keep it cranking at those temps?
Kevin

Kobudo, how do you keep your castine running 650-700?
I have one and on my stovetop thermometer when it is cruising nicely, lots of secondaries and really throwing heat, mine seems to be running 550 -600 for about three hours and then gradually throttling back. Burning good wood - do you really stuff your stove to keep it cranking at those temps?
Kevin
It may be possible your stove top thermometer is off 50-100 degrees as this is not uncommon. Would be curious to se what an IR thermometer might be reading on that stove top.

Status
Not open for further replies.