My BEECH burns hotter than a BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWood

Minister of Fire
Aug 14, 2007
Arrow Bridge,NY
Installed an 18-TR late last winter for shoulder season burns . The furnace is just too much in 30 degree weather. Fired it up tonight for the first time with a quarter load of 3-4 year old beech and HOLY SCHNIKEYS is it hot in here (30 outside)!!!!!!!! Flue damper shut all the way and shes screamin'. Could I possibly partly close off the air wash holes with fiberglass to slow this thing down?

Check all your door gasket and ash pan for leaks. Maybe you need a pipe damper.

I believe that he said the flue damper (AKA pipe damper) was shut down. unless I am wrong lee?
open a window damn get the neighbors talking "them lees they was running around in the undies with the windows open last night"

Todd said:

New stove ,gaskets,pipe, and flue damper. No ashpan. Me thinx I need to block off air wash holes some...!!!!!????

Lee, don't put so much wood in there.

deliveringwildLEE said:
Todd said:

New stove ,gaskets,pipe, and flue damper. No ashpan. Me thinx I need to block off air wash holes some...!!!!!????

Mix your inferno wood with some dare I say it "Worthless Pine" to cool the stove down...

or stop soaking your wood in used motor oil and such ;-P hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.