MY FIREPLACE WON'T LIGHT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

akslws4

Dec 17, 2019
virginia
I have a Majestic direct vent gas fireplace (Model #36BDVRRN.) The end of last winter, while in use, it stopped. We figured the tank was empty and didn't think any more of it since winter was almost over. When we started it up this season, the pilot was lit (dimly) but when I turned the wall switch on, the fireplace would not light. I had someone professionally come out to do a pressure test (we own our own tank), check the regulator, and clean the unit - all was fine but it would still not light. They said the pilot was weak. I have replaced the control valve, the pilot assembly kit, and the wall switch and it still will not light. The pilot; however, is stronger than it has ever been - very blue. Does anyone have any clue as to what could be causing my fireplace not to light??