My first homemade stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neato................

s10truggy said:
Quote BeGreen "Make sure the motor speed controller is appropriate for the blower motor. Otherwise it may not work out well. What is the blower make and model #?"

This is the blower for the air to the house

PSC Blower, 2 Speed, Forward Curve, Direct Drive, Wheel Dia 5 1/8 In, CFM @ 0.000-In SP 428/293, Voltage 115, 60 Hz, Single Phase, Full Load Amps 1.1/0.85, RPM 1500/1085, Max Inlet Temp 104 Deg F, Overall Height 9 3/8 In, Overall Width 9 1/4 In, Overall Depth 8 9/16 In, Includes Discharge Mounting Flange

Grainger Item # 1TDT6
Price (ea.) $119.80
Brand DAYTON
Mfr. Model # 1TDT6
Ship Qty. 1
Sell Qty. (Will-Call) 1
Ship Weight (lbs.) 10.8
Usually Ships** Today
Catalog Page No. 3762
Country of Origin China

Should do. It's a 2 speed which gives you some options. What is the plan for the stove? Will the output get ducted into the house?

Nice progress on the stove, keep us posted. That looks like a successful maiden voyage. Did the firebox get lined with firebrick yet?

BeGreen said:
s10truggy said:
Quote BeGreen "Make sure the motor speed controller is appropriate for the blower motor. Otherwise it may not work out well. What is the blower make and model #?"

This is the blower for the air to the house

PSC Blower, 2 Speed, Forward Curve, Direct Drive, Wheel Dia 5 1/8 In, CFM @ 0.000-In SP 428/293, Voltage 115, 60 Hz, Single Phase, Full Load Amps 1.1/0.85, RPM 1500/1085, Max Inlet Temp 104 Deg F, Overall Height 9 3/8 In, Overall Width 9 1/4 In, Overall Depth 8 9/16 In, Includes Discharge Mounting Flange

Grainger Item # 1TDT6
Price (ea.) $119.80
Brand DAYTON
Mfr. Model # 1TDT6
Ship Qty. 1
Sell Qty. (Will-Call) 1
Ship Weight (lbs.) 10.8
Usually Ships** Today
Catalog Page No. 3762
Country of Origin China

Should do. It's a 2 speed which gives you some options. What is the plan for the stove? Will the output get ducted into the house?

Nice progress on the stove, keep us posted. That looks like a successful maiden voyage. Did the firebox get lined with firebrick yet?

the plan is to install stove in the back of the house and duct to the kitchen bar i was up late installing vents last night
vents.gif

this will blow into both kids rooms and my room is up in the loft so i will get rising heat

i found fire brick at acme brick for under $2 but i haven't gotten to town yet to get some picked up :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.