My first Mt Vernon AE problem boy im having a bad night

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeS said:
smoke show said:
JoeS said:
oldmountvernon said:
first i get 1 out of 2 vornado fans Dead on arrival now my stove acts up

Error message said check ash pan i just cleaned it yesterday so i know that wasnt the problem

So i walk up to the stove and see that the burnpot was 1/2 way thru the autoclean cycle, so it got stuck

I unplugged the stove plugged it back in to restart the autoclean and it started moving but got stuck again

third time it went thru the cycle fine and is now burning

I have noticed the screeching sound lately during autoclean but i have read here that its normal so i didnt pay it any mind

should this be getting lubed maybe ? i dunno looking for anything anyone has to offer also what is the proper way to adress this problem in the future?

How old is your stove?

A few months.

warranty, right?

I was just wondering if it had all the upgrades. I remember earlier stoves had a problem with the autoclean and there was a software fix for that I believe.

Unless his stove was old stock it should. Still might be worth a phone call, who knows?

smoke is right few months the box was labeled with a current build date dont recall it exactly but i looked for that

Eatonpcat said:
The tools that came with the M55 are the best..I use the metal on as a back scratcher and the brush I use to sauce up my baby back ribs!! ;-)

guess no one noticed that pellet there on the floor, thats pellet abuse Sir!

I noticed the wierd fit between the corner piece and side piece, but didn't wanna say anything and offend someone.

But I changed my mind now.

LOL shhh dont rattle the m*** 55 crowd opps cast :)

SmokeyTheBear said:
oldmountvernon said:
LOL shhh dont rattle the m*** 55 crowd opps cast :)

You know you should have had a V8 .... bear running for cover ........

Im not running! i have my tool in my hand at least the AE tool has a pointed end ! unguard! touche!

If you could shut down the auto clean cause of crusty pellets you could put a plate in the bottom of the pot. I remember someone in here making some thin metal plates that fit the bottom of the pot and if the pellets caused that buildup all that needed to be done is pull the lever and drop the plate and ash in the pan and drop a new plate in from the top and fire it back up. The plate could be drug aross a piece of sand paper and cleaned in seconds compared to scratching at the bottom of the pot.

wow. it took me a while. but i just figured out the ps50 has this same burn pot (no wonder i have that lovely tool as well)

i have to agree with omv in wondering why have an auto clean at all.
did the older mvs have the manual pull cleaning rod?
i can imagine an auto clean getting hung up on the stuff on the bottom though. you can feel the resistance sometimes when pulling the cleaning rod.
my pot has had exactly zero blocked holes since starting with this stove. and after experimenting a bit, i too use the long shafted flathead and it takes the stuff right off.
i also agree w/ those who say it's easier to remove any deposits while the pot is still hot.

smoke show said:
I noticed the wierd fit between the corner piece and side piece, but didn't wanna say anything and offend someone.

But I changed my mind now.

I saw the pellet...Don't tell my wife!!

As to the weird fit of the side panel, I'm sure I don't have it on correctly. For some reason, I have the hardest time rehanging the side pieces when I take them off. After about 5 minutes if it's still standing, I just leave it and tell myself I will fix it after a beer or two!! Two leads to four...four leads to ....you get the idea, side piece never gets adjusted!! You guys can't offend me, I'm 10 foot tall and bulletproof!!! ;-)

I have yet to see a pellet stove hit the market with out a quirk or 2. If I remember correctly OMV went with his wallet. He would had to cough up more cash for the M55 and the install would require more work. I just think its the new stove learning curve he needs to adjust to.

I was one of the Enviro boys that tried to steer OMV to "lets just say simpler" M55, Should I say I told you so? :cheese: Nah! watching him suffer is priceless! ;-) And if his stove is broke, There will be more pellets for the rest of us left on the market. Better to keep this pig busy fixing his stove and not out scrounging up all the pellets! hehe!

Sorry OMV, But it is fun poking at a pig here and there! :cheese: ;-) OK where's smoke for the retaliating? :)

No J both stoves were the same price i went with " the dealer " well actually the m55 was more but i found another dealer in RI selling the m55 for 3200 Wallet is never a issue i believe in paying ONCE no matter what the cost is Been in business for 20 years the cheap way out always costs more at the end.

And ditto on that im just poking at the m55 guys as i felt thats what you guys do here :) no ill will towards anyone here everyone is great

Nothing wrong with my AE was just something wrong with ME lol i never touched the burnpot i was told it was AUTOCLEAN LOL so operator error not the stove

My neighbor has the M55 he loves it but said if he had to do it over again he would go with a Harman I wasnt to impressed with the Harman so that led me to the Quads
Granted my neighbor pays for the pellet stove service guy to come clean/service I didnt like his rates a Dr visit is cheaper lol

and if Pellet wars starts up on A&E i will be the Dave Hester (YUPPPPPPPPPPPPP!) of the bunch, so Fuggeddaboudit !

oldmountvernon said:
No J both stoves were the same price i went with " the dealer " well actually the m55 was more but i found another dealer in RI selling the m55 for 3200 Wallet is never a issue i believe in paying ONCE no matter what the cost is Been in business for 20 years the cheap way out always costs more at the end.

And ditto on that im just poking at the m55 guys as i felt thats what you guys do here :) no ill will towards anyone here everyone is great

Nothing wrong with my AE was just something wrong with ME lol i never touched the burnpot i was told it was AUTOCLEAN LOL so operator error not the stove

My neighbor has the M55 he loves it but said if he had to do it over again he would go with a Harman I wasnt to impressed with the Harman so that led me to the Quads
Granted my neighbor pays for the pellet stove service guy to come clean/service I didnt like his rates a Dr visit is cheaper lol

and if Pellet wars starts up on A&E i will be the Dave Hester (YUPPPPPPPPPPPPP!) of the bunch, so Fuggeddaboudit !

No ill will here...I wanted a Mount Vernon AE just like yours, Got a better price than the M55, But the dealer (at least the salesman) was an A-Hole!! Sounds like you and your neighbor have money to burn!! :coolhmm:

smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
...I tried to steer OMV to "lets just say simpler" M55...

me too!

Me Three.... ;-P

The bottom of all Quads do this. Whether its a Castille, Santa Fe, CB 1200, Non AE, or the older Contour, 1000, and 1100.

The only good part about those. Is because they are manual clean/pull. You start to feel the resistance and know when it needs cleaning. Rather than not knowing in the AE and risking a shutdown.

Keep it clean and scraped. She should be fine. But that is one thing M-55 owners need not worry about... ;-P All in good fun...

you guys are gonna get to me and ill be at the enviro dealer getting a new m55cast and install it in my dining room

LOL Eaton i hate having a pocket full of hundreds go to the store to buy something and they say we dont take them Ultimately your BROKE with a pocket full of cash

oldmountvernon said:
you guys are gonna get to me and ill be at the enviro dealer getting a new m55cast and install it in my dining room

You said you wanted a second stove??? Sounds like a killer combo. A 55 and a Vernon. Bring on the Arctic Blast!!!

DexterDay said:
oldmountvernon said:

You said you wanted a second stove??? Sounds like a killer combo. A 55 and a Vernon. Bring on the Arctic Blast!!!

Figured it wouldn't be too long before the "enabler" chimed in!!! :)

DexterDay said:
oldmountvernon said:

honestly im getting tired of playing around with fans. i have a nice flow of air traveling up the stairs and flying into my bedroom ( using smoke to track it ) but im guessing by the time the air gets there its already cooled off. and with the room being so huge that dont help matters either

the vornados do do a great job of moving air but i think it does to good of a job cooling it. Im not done with the vornados still trying new things

What do you guys think about cleaning the pot floor good and then spraying it with a high temp spray paint with ceramic to keep the ash from sticking to it? I found something that is good for temps up to 1500 degrees F. Do you think the ceramic would keep stuff from sticking and building up on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.