My first woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

floridaboy

Hearth Supporter
Oct 25, 2009
Northwest Florida
Grew up in NW Florida with a fireplace and love the sound and warmth of burning Oakwood. About to purchase my first woodstove. Im looking at the Quadrafire 2100 for my 1400 sq ft home. A local hardwarestore sells the Vogelzang and i have considered it. Anyone have any suggestions?

There will be more suggestions and help than you will ever be able to use. This is my 3rd burning year and this site has been extremely helpful. So sit back and enjoy - the troops will be here soon.

Is the Voglezang an EPA approved stove? I know they make a few, but I don't think they are as high quality as the Quadrafire.

The Vogelzang Shiloh TR002 new model states its EPA approved at 75 percent efficiency. I appreciate your quick response guys..THANKS !!!

Vogelzang markets something like five freestanding units and one insert which are UL-listed and EPA-approved. These may be worth looking at. They also market a number of non-approved stoves, and they still sell their old barrel stove kits. None of that stuff (IMHO) is worth considering. The Quadrafire is unquestionably a good appliance. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.