My FPX large Hybrid is ready for a new cat- stainless?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah , you can go with bigger or smaller holes you you want .
Here are my two new cats. Ceramic under warranty and metal bought on Amazon from Midwest Hearth.

Attachments

• 20200129_211756.jpg
    20200129_211756.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200129_211957.jpg
    20200129_211957.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 80
Here you go Dmitry

Amazon product ASIN B07HCNYSX2
Don't panic about the 1 left. Amazon said there was 1 left for me too and it appeared true. But, a day later, there is now another one and the story of only 1 left is back.

Want to take a pic of that flame deflector for me? Did you go through two cats this season? I seem to get only 2 seasons out of mine. I burn wood as the primary source of heat, but these damn things should last longer. I am hoping the one in there now degraded because it moved or was not installed properly and was to far towards the glass and flames. It was not sitting back on the shelf properly.
Any updates on using metal vs ceramic combustor. Do you see the difference ?