my kindling......................... to the fire pics!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abby4000

Oct 6, 2009
Ontario, Canada
First pic is how my kindling looks like when I pick it up from our truss plant, then i put it through the table saw and box it all up, then test the moisture content to make sure it is dry enough.
This is how it looks outside today temp is 4 degrees C. THe last pic is the fire that the kindling was used to start.

Attachments

• kindling 001.jpg
    kindling 001.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 690
  • kindling 002.jpg
    kindling 002.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 708
  • kindling 003.jpg
    kindling 003.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 709
thansk for the replys. Yes I do love my new stove. I sit in front of it for hours. Its a cast iron enamle coated Hampton Hl300. Its almost winter time , which means its almost time to really start burning!!!

abby4000 said:
This is how it looks outside today temp is 4 degrees C.
What part of Ontario you in? Looks much the same outside here.

Excellent Abby. That definitely should make good kindling.

Those trees look a little behind for Ontario. We have lots of bare trees already here. Even the oaks are losing their cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.