My Napoleon 1402 works great.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moterhead3

Hearth Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
Bethel Twp PA
Finally got cold in SE PA for a couple days. Lower teens at night mid 20's day. I have a 1600 sq ft raised rancher w/finishished basment. Burning oak, locust, and whatever else I could get free( OK I paid a guy $40.00 for a pickup load of seasoned split oak) my house stayed between 77deg high and 68deg low. Havn't used any oil to heat my upstairs yet. Downstairs is set to 62 but the heater rarely comes on. I wanted to wait untill it got cold to comment on this stove, this is the best money I ever spent. Burns all day while I'm at work, and all night while sleeping. Just good ole white ash when it burns down. I would recomend this stove to everyone but then I wouldn't be able to get as much free wood.

I am looking at the 1401 so am glad to hear your results. I saw another post about your purchasing it online. Can you let me know where you bought and how it went? I am checking out barbecues.com as they show the 1401 with black door shipped for just over $700. That is about $1000 below local dealers here in Berks Co. PA, neighbor. Thanks.

Eric

Different, but I have a Napoleon 1400 pedestal and it works well for my needs with this house (1800 sq ft), climate (can get sub 0, usually teens at night and 30s in the day tho can go both much colder or warmer). Can't beat the price. I purchased from barbecues.com as well...

Eric H said:
I am looking at the 1401 so am glad to hear your results. I saw your other post about your online purchase. Can you let me know where you bought and how it went? I am checking out barbecues.com as they show the 1401 with black door shipped for just over $700. That is about $1000 below local dealers here in Berks Co. PA, neighbor. Thanks.

Eric

drhiii,

How was your buying experience?

I am just wondering how barbecues.com can sell this insert for the listed price. Other online sellers are at least $350 more.

Buying experience was quite good.

Note that I am in favor of buying local, and am the first to say that having local support is worth its weight in gold. Have been really impressed with the folks here who make their living at this, who ring in with ideas and opinions on hearth.com. Main reason I went with barbecues.com was I was replacing a stove and virtually everything was already in place... hearthpad, venting, stove pipe, etc. Had this not been so, I would have looked for local support to get the job done correctly, and started with queries here.

But the transaction and shipping from barbecues.com went swimmingly.

drhiii

Eric H said:
drhiii,

How was your buying experience?

I am just wondering how barbecues.com can sell this insert for the listed price. Other online sellers are at least $350 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.