My new Englander Model 17-VL Pic, etc,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rollieman

Aug 27, 2017
Hamilton, Ma.
DSC03129.JPG

I just finished the 3rd heat cycle @ 450 degrees for break in / paint curing purposes using a 24" box fan set backwards to draw fumes out of adjacent window, luckily no alarms went off !! The stove top fan in the LH corner is a EcoFan original 800, the stove pipe is from Heat-Fab 38" - 70" telescoping which I re-sprayed with Stove Bright # 1A54H222 which has a very nice satin sheen whereas the Heat-Fab pipes are supplied with a VERY flat looking paint (2 hours of masking and paint prep for just 2 minutes of spraying) !!! Total flute pipe from top of stove to cap = 19 feet.
Great little stove for what we want it for, very fast starting the compressed Canawick wood bricks with just 2 jumbo cotton balls pre-dipped in melted Vaseline with door ajar for about 7 minutes then close after it roars. The stored split logs shown are for esthetics only ---------- love firewood, but too old for that process anymore. Hate to say it, but can't wait for the cold weather now !!!

Thank you for all your help !

Last edited by a moderator:
We watched that stove being born right here on hearth.com.

Great looking setup