My new Harman p38

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ducker

Feeling the Heat
Apr 22, 2008
Leominster, MA
pellestove.jpg

Replaced a big old stove...

before:
woodstove1.jpg

(taken in the middle of burning season it appears... lol)

Now I'm going to see what I can get for that old wood burner... maybe $50?

:)

Looking good! Kind of a shame to see the old CombiFire go out to pasture, but time marches on.

Enjoy.

that old jotul was there when we bought the house. worked well, but the gasket kept getting worn out, I'd have to replace it frequently - and even doing so I think it was quite a draft and tended to over burn quite a bit. :/

But it worked great in terms of keeping 1500 sq ft warm in the dead of winter. Kind of shocked me! :)

Hope the little p38 can keep up.
:)

Ha.
I had a stove like that.
Jotul #1 or #2
Green.
Had a screen that could go in the front instead of the door. Never used it.
Stove could pump out some heat, but it was the dirtiest , messiest, smokinest stove I ever owned.

Came with the place, stayed with it.

billb3 said:
Ha.
I had a stove like that.
Jotul #1 or #2
Green.
Had a screen that could go in the front instead of the door. Never used it.
Stove could pump out some heat, but it was the dirtiest , messiest, smokinest stove I ever owned.

Came with the place, stayed with it.

yea!! I tried the screen once or twice... it would just burn WAY too hot when I did that. not to mention I don't have a ton of clearance from the front opening of it, so even with a screen I didn't like using it.

That being said, we always had to replace the gasket and it still leaked quite a bit of air and burned quite hot.

oh, and yea, if there were high winds... it often would leak smoke back in the house (again due to the lose gasket)

Status
Not open for further replies.