My new install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlcampbe

Dec 29, 2007
Oregon Coast
I just replaced my 1991 Whitfield Advantage II with a Harman XXV.

It required moving the flue outlet, electrical box, and having an outside air opening.

Attachments

• 1-web.jpg
    1-web.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 928
  • 2-web.jpg
    2-web.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 906
  • 3-web.jpg
    3-web.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 881
  • 4-web.jpg
    4-web.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 879
  • 5-web.jpg
    5-web.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 898
  • 6-web.jpg
    6-web.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 909
Very nice. Those XXVs are really pretty stoves.

Enjoy!

Thank you,

Now all I have to do is figure out how to best operate this sucker, my old stove was all manual, it worked OK until the $400 control board quit. That's when we decided to get a new stove. My wife picked the XXV. :)

dlcampbe said:
Thank you,

Now all I have to do is figure out how to best operate this sucker, my old stove was all manual, it worked OK until the $400 control board quit. That's when we decided to get a new stove. My wife picked the XXV. :)
Yeah I blame my wife too ;-)
:) Nice install.... :)
Some advice to give you a kick start... you may want to keep the room temp probe a couple of feet up off the floor since
you have a door nearby. now keep it full of pellets and it should do the rest... just keep it clean...
good luck.....

Keeping the glass clean is my next item, I even bought a Magnehelic draft gauge to check the draft.

The dealer didn't do any setup, he's 105 miles away and I felt fortunate that he gave me $400 for my old stove,
did the delivery, took the old stove out and put the new one in the house.

I'm doing the rest of the installation and adjustments myself. My outside air pipe is made with a 2 1/2" to 2 1/4" exhaust pipe
reducer and about 15" of 2 1/4" exhaust pipe out through the wall. The 2 1/2" end of the reducer just fits in the air intake of the stove
and is sealed with hi temp silicone, the 2 1/4" pipe is a slip fit into the reducer and the outside end has a soffit vent screen on it.

Attachments

• web-7.jpg
    web-7.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 822
I used to have to compete against a guy that sold Harmon and when I opened up Hearth & Home Magazine and I saw that thing I was jealous. It's a beautiful stove. I like your set up too it fits really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.