my rescue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironpony

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2010
mid-ohio via St.Croix USVI
This is a picture of Otis the Rottweiler and Hailey a St Bernard mix.
Otis was abandoned at my shop right before Christmas. He was in sad shape
had eye and ear infections, filthy, under weight and scared.
I brought him to the vet, no micro chip, got him a bath, check up and shots brought up to date.
Brought him back a week later, neutered and dew claws removed.
He has been with us since. He has a very good temperment, gets along with Hailey'
is obedient and stays indoors
Hailey is 3 and we have had her since she was 2 lbs, another rescue, now 120lbs.
Otis, est 12 months old, is 80 lbs and growing. Life is going to be interesting around here for a while until
he grows out of the puppy stage.

Attachments

• P1010025 (3).jpg
    P1010025 (3).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 746
Great Story. Dogs are such great company.

Awesome !! I've had many rescues (canine, feline, & equine), and it can take time, but well worth the effort !

Nice lookin' pups, and I wouldn't want the feed bill, either :)

Many thanks for being kind enough to rescue. I think you will really enjoy the Rott. They say that once you have one you will always have one. Ours has been an amazing dog for sure.

That's great that you rescued Otis! We had two Rotti's years ago , they are great dogs in the the right hands. I'd own one again. I think dogs do well in pairs. They are pack animals. Nice for them too, if your away working all day.

ironpony said:
This is a picture of Otis the Rottweiler and Hailey a St Bernard mix.
Otis was abandoned at my shop right before Christmas. He was in sad shape
had eye and ear infections, filthy, under weight and scared.
I brought him to the vet, no micro chip, got him a bath, check up and shots brought up to date.
Brought him back a week later, neutered and dew claws removed.
He has been with us since. He has a very good temperment, gets along with Hailey'
is obedient and stays indoors
Hailey is 3 and we have had her since she was 2 lbs, another rescue, now 120lbs.
Otis, est 12 months old, is 80 lbs and growing. Life is going to be interesting around here for a while until
he grows out of the puppy stage.

A rescue dog just knows when they have found their forever home. The picture shows great temperament. Dogs are a reflection of their owner and that speaks volumes to your kindness!

Sweet. I have a soft spot in my heart for Rotts after helping foster one that was confiscated from a puppy mill. Her ailments were too much and she didn't make it, but she was a sweetheart despite the way she'd been treated by her previous owner.

Good lookin' dogs! So many great dogs out there that need homes, we'll probably always have rescue/shelter dogs.

One of my parents dogs (Barney) came to them in a very similar way. He was in pretty rough shape when they found him. He's a beagle-basset mix. Once they had him and nursed him back to health, my aunt came across another beagle/basset mix that looks like he could be Barney's brother at a shelter where she volunteers, so, my parents ended up with Otis. They're still pretty young. When they start romping around inside the house, my dad flings open the back door and they tear out into the back yard. My wife has affectionately named them "The Bumpuses' dogs" after the crazy dogs in The Christmas Story.

My wife and I have two dogs two, one, Dixie Lee, a beagle-lab mix from a shelter, and another, Casey, a lab-chessie mix that was a stray. The lady who found Casey couldn't keep her, so we stepped in and gave her a good home.

-SF

Watched a youtube vid of a shelter dog that they were going to put down. Someone decided to have a vet look at her and she was scared, matted, yelping- a real mess. The vet picked her up on his lap and she calmed down immediately- tail was wagging in no time. Poor 10# dog was scared to death. After a good shave it was sweet as any you've ever seen. I think a lot of dogs that are a mess as you guys are talking about get overlooked because they're traumatized and just need a little TLC- this was supposedly 1 hour before they were going to put her down.

Found it. At first I was pretty moved, then I was infuriated thinking about the people that neglect a dog until it ends up like this and dump it in a shelter.

saw a bumper stitcker recently......

WHO RESCUED WHO??????

means alot to alot of us.....

You rock man!

Status
Not open for further replies.