I bought a Harman P35i for a split-level home where one side of the house is halfway in the ground. I called ion and told them about the smell they said it is "curing" so I left it on the highest temp for longer than 24 hours. I don't think this is the problem. I think the problem is if I close all of my windows and screen door there is a smoke smell being distributed from the distribution fan. My father told me that our second-level pellet stove has an air intake hole that is drilled through the bricks and leads to the outside of the chimney but there isn't one for my bottom level. The fireplace is in the ground since it is a split-level home and I cannot get to the same level as the pellet stove for the air intake compared to the top-level fireplace. Do I need to make the intake for the ground fireplace to be as low as possible? Please look at my crappy picture.