My Vernon wall control box just stops

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pretender

Nov 12, 2017
Alaska
Wall Control box just stops.. goes blank just as the stove gets cranking... about 5 minutes after blower comes on. I just installed a new control board and same thing happens. Checked / cleaned all the connections and look ok. I'm thinking it's not the wall control but something in the stove itself. Very annoying as when it stops.. room fills up with smoke. I've had this stove for 4 years now and have come to learn that pellet stoves work great... until they don't....

Check wire connections, and for bad wire. I would cut the ends off tstat wire and wire direct to stove screws. They had issues with thin wire and those ends. Also on other side of where tstat wires connect, those wires have a zip tie on em. Sometimes they are too tight. Cut it off also. kap

Check wire connections, and for bad wire. I would cut the ends off tstat wire and wire direct to stove screws. They had issues with thin wire and those ends. Also on other side of where tstat wires connect, those wires have a zip tie on em. Sometimes they are too tight. Cut it off also. kap

Still shutting off... why would it run fine, go thru cycles and then all of a sudden.... stop. Seems as if were the wire.... wouldn't run at all. There some sort of bad sensor or something in the stove itself perhaps? There are a few circuit boards in the stove too... maybe one of those? Bad power supply box or something? Bought ready to throw this darn thing out the door.... cant beat an old wood stove....

Still shutting off... why would it run fine, go thru cycles and then all of a sudden.... stop. Seems as if were the wire.... wouldn't run at all. There some sort of bad sensor or something in the stove itself perhaps? There are a few circuit boards in the stove too... maybe one of those? Bad power supply box or something? Bought ready to throw this darn thing out the door.... cant beat an old wood stove....

Maybe the thermocouple?

Why would it work and then cut out? When I unplug it... and plug it back in.... works for 15 seconds then stops again. When it sits for a while and cools... I can plug it back in and control will stay on... thinking has to be temperature related ?

Only other option is issues with the 12v wire harness coming from power supply. Next time it happens, look to see if the lights by control board are still lit up. If they are, it is something else. If they are off, then power from supply is off. Only thing I can think of is loose or bad connections on either end of harness. kap

Last edited: