My Vogelzang 5790 flashing E2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

john deer

Feb 25, 2019
sedro woolley wa
when I turn my stove on the blower comes on and pellets drop and then it shuts down and flashes E2 all less than 30 seconds. The stove is only a little over a month old. I checked all wiring conations check snap discs. There is no customer support for this company.

Welcome to the Forums John deer
E2 is lack of vacuum. Pull the hose off the vacumm switch(inside the back of the stove) and try to blow through the hose. Make a note which nipple you take the hose off of. If you can blow through it, reattach it and pull the 2 wires that are connected to the switch and connect them with a paper clip. Make sure you don’t touch them or they don’t touch the stove. Your dealing with 120vac and it bites. When they are connected turn the stove on and let us know how you make out.

Reactions: johneh
E2 is lack of vacuum. Pull the hose off the vacumm switch(inside the back of the stove) and try to blow through the hose. Make a note which nipple you take the hose off of. If you can blow through it, reattach it and pull the 2 wires that are connected to the switch and connect them with a paper clip. Make sure you don’t touch them or they don’t touch the stove. Your dealing with 120vac and it bites. When they are connected turn the stove on and let us know how you make out.

Thank you I will try it tonight and let you know tomorrow. Yes, I cleaned it out just how the manual said to do.

Last edited:
Thank you I will try it tonight and let you know tomorrow. Yes, I cleaned it out just how the manual said to do.

Ssyko thank you stove works good I took off the vacuum hose off checked it then I put in on the metal nipple coming out of the stove and it was plugged up. I pushed a small metal rod it the hole cleaned it. Turned the stove back on and works great. Thank you

Nice!! Glad your back up and running ;)

Hello I have the same problem. Nothing working. Everything is clear and clean. So I tried the paper clip. That is making the stove work. Is that safe to run that way. I have ordered a new vacuum switch. But want to know if it is safe to run with the paper clip?

If you bypass the switch as a temporary solution while awaiting parts it's 'OK' IF you're around when the stove is in operation. Do not leave the stove unattended. It's a safety device.

Reactions: tlc1976
Good to know you got it solved. I always vacuum that fitting when cleaning the firebox. Loosely of course.