Name that stove!? 7 years old.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DouglasCo

Nov 17, 2008
Colorado
The owner doesn't remember what brand it is, but knows its rated for 1000sqft and is 7yrs old. Want payment before he unpacks his storage unit to get to it. But says it works. Whats it worth?

Attachments

• pellet stove.jpg
    pellet stove.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 203
Englander pdvc.

Depends what kinda shape its in.
What do they want for it?

They are around $1100.00 at HomeDepot.

I just sold a 2006 for $50.00

I would never pay anyone without seeing a used product work...sounds sketchy but that's just me. That particular stove is popular but you do need to be handy to keep it going.

No, they are an ok starter stove in my opinion.
They arent the most efficient but do throw heat.

I used mine for some years 24/7.
The price of pellets got so high I retired it to my shop.

As with any mechanical thing, it was old and tired. Not wanting to mess with the cleanings and maintenance, it was easier to fire up the kerosene heater for the shop.

My mistake on date, was 2004.

I would hesitate paying first. You dont know whst you are going to end up with when he pulls it out.

Also how long has it been in storage? Electonics dont do well if humid/damp.
There are a lot of stoves on CL etc. Might want to check that out.
As for the $50.00, might have been able to get $100. 00 but didnt want to bother.
Its also not the prettiest stove, but of looks arent a concern thats not a problem.

That 25pdvc has historically been the biggest seller in box stores and for good reasons. It represents simplicity , and a reasonably decent build quality (value) for the money. If Englander would put in a slightly better auger motor it might be considered one of the more dependable stoves on the market. That said, new auger motors are reasonably cheap and simple to replace. It`s also one of the few used stoves available for around $500 or less on Craigslist .
. If you are reasonably handy you can easily restore a used one to near new working condition without breaking the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.