Napoleon 1900 pedestal.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CARL jr

Aug 12, 2015
michigan
Hello new to hearth, was hoping someone with a napoleon 1900 could send the dimensions from the pedestal so a could fab one up. OK I should state why I need one in the first place. I purchased one off of c-list that being removed from a short sale house that was under going a remodel. The pedestal was removed and stove was installed in a fire place in a firestorm death trap fashion. I have inspected stove inside and out cant believe I have not found any defects in the stove. replace fire bricks and test ran it yesterday with no defects. so I want install in my basement but I need the pedestal and I am cheep!! so hence I need the dimensions for pedestal. PS only payed $100.00 for stove.

Welcome to the forum!

I would ask your local code authority what their thoughts are about a "homemade" stove pedestal. In principle, the stove would not have been tested with it, hence they may regard it as an unlisted stove which will require 36" clearance to all sides (unless wall shields are used). Be also mindful what your insurance company will think about an untested stove-pedestal combination should anything happen.

good point, guess I drop $200.00 on ped.&ash pan

Reactions: Grisu
ps if anyone has a used pedestal and ash pan for sale let me know.

good point, guess I drop $200.00 on ped.&ash pan

Honestly, if you can get it for that price I would not even think about making my own. It will save you a lot of hassle to get a self-made one approved and potential problems with insurance etc. down the road.

Last edited:
once again you are rite, but it is hard to shake my aviation back ground, make or fix what you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.