Napoleon 1900p wood stove opinions ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumme

Dec 14, 2008
arkansas
Are there any owners of this model wood stove, and if so, are you happy with it and could you please tell me the postives/ negatives along with the price you paid. I may get one within a week, and want to see if im gettin a fair price. It will be used to heat about a 2000 sq ft area. Also, does the top get hot enough to boil water in a pot ?

Thanks.

No one owns this model ? I really didint want to buy it, without hearing some reviews/ opinions. How about any other Napoleon woodstoves ?

Hang in there, someone should be stepping up to the plate soon. Napoleon makes good stoves and this big heater has an excellent reputation. I don't think I've heard a bad word about it. You might visit the reviews section on Hearth.com - https://www.hearth.com/ratings/search.php

During your search of this forum did you come across this thread?
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/9392/

It should easily boil water when running strong. Napoleons seem to like to jump right up to high stove top temps. However, this has an outer shell top, which is going to keep the top surface temps lower. There is a removable trivet that exposes the stove top surface, but the actual area is not that wide. However, there is an accessory cookmate out of cast aluminum that you can get. It sits where the trivet normally would be and conducts the heat to a nice cook plate. Look at the accessories section for the 1900 on www.napoleonfireplaces.com

http://www.napoleonfireplaces.com/Stoves/stoves_wood/Access_EPA.html

Thanks for the response. It looks like the Napoleon 1400 is more widely owned and not many people seem to own the 1900p...

I have a 1900 and I love it! We heat about 2000 square feet on main floor with full basement and it heats it superbly! I life in NE Indiana in a newer well insulated cabin style home. I looked at a number of stoves and after tons of research I felt that the Napoleon was the best available for my application. It is easy to control, easy to load, has a nice view with the glass door, has a very long burn time, uses a very quiet blower, nice ash pan & clean out door, and the list goes on & on.

I gave $2,000 for the stove, delivered & installed (also removed the old Fisher stove) and had our 12 x 16 chimney lined with a 6" stainless liner for about another $2,000, but I have not regretted spending that one time so far this fall. Last night it was 10 degrees and a nice & warm 73 in the house. I used a mixture of hickory & ash for a load about 9PM and at 5AM still had part of a round and a real nice coal bed. I tossed in a few small pieces of sycamore and the fire was roaring for a hot morning burn and when my wife got up the stove temp at the flue was 800 and she was in heaven! A nice warm house and a cup of coffee in the morning sets the tone for romance later........ In other words---- I love my Napoleon 1900 for many reasons!!!!!!

I just ordered the 1900 p also....was gonna do the 1400p//...but for 250 more dollars, I figured the 1900 p was worth it, even though I only need to heat about 1800 sq ft.

I payed $1350 for mine, shipped to my door, and that included a standard , black glass door. Supposedly the company I ordered from, just got a huge shipment in of this one model, and is having a blowout sale . Seems like they did give me a great price.

Im curious, do you use a outdoor air kit...and did you have t order your blower seprate and have you tried to cook on it ?

Mine came with the web glass door, the variable speed blower, really nice heat resistant gloves that fit my wife, glass cleaner for the door, fire starters that really work great (I've only had to use a few) and a few other trinkets. I have not tried to cook on it, but my stove dealer said they often make soups on theirs. The trivet on top is vented so you can cook.

I would highly recommend a blower. They way that the Napoleons are protected from the sides to allow closer clearances, the blower is really a must have. The blower is very quiet and infinitely adjustable for the fan speed.

No outdoor air kit was used. The stove dealer said it wasn't really needed since we have a large house and actually use our doors during the day.

I paid more, but had it delivered, they removed the old stove and installed the new one, including new black stove pipe and a thru the pipe thermometer. They also provided info stating the installation was completed within the NFPA standards. Good for a 10% reduction on my insurance!

It is a wood miser and is very easy to regulate the heat, has long burn times and all in all---- you will love your new stove!

Hi,

Now I've had my Napoleon for 2 winters and am getting ready for a third. Here is a list of the things I've had to do to keep it running nominally:

1) Tighten the bold on the door handle (normal maintenance)
2) Replace the brick's I'd cracked by throwing large logs into the fire box because I was too stupid to wear welding gloves ($2.99 at harbor freight).
3) Replace the ceramic baffling with Duroc slabs. The baffles wear out over time. I use Duroc since I can make 20 of them for the price of one slab ($20). The ceramic replacement baffle cost $65.

This is a great stove. I'm sold on it and can recommend it with a clear conscious.

Also I found that buying parts was very easy from this source:

www.woodstoves.net
www.stove-parts.net

Obadiah's
249 Silver Dr.
Troy, MT 59935
(406) 295-9000
Annette (800) 968-8604

Annette Knows her stuff. Before you buy a Napolean, give her a call. She knows things about that stove which took me two years to discover on my own. These would be things like : how can you tell when Napoleon users over fire. What is the top selling replacement part(s) for that stove. Why they sell that stove almost exclusivly.

I would not mension that you read about her or Obadiah's on this page. She may become less candid.

I have no experience with actually burning in them but I looked at a few Napoleons and they seem very well made. It makes me wonder that they aren't more popular with members here.

HeatsTwice said:
Annette Knows her stuff. Before you buy a Napolean, give her a call. She knows things about that stove which took me two years to discover on my own. These would be things like : how can you tell when Napoleon users over fire. What is the top selling replacement part(s) for that stove. Why they sell that stove almost exclusivly.

I would not mension that you read about her or Obadiah's on this page. She may become less candid.

You can save her a few hundred phone calls, all asking the same questions, by posting the answers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.