Napoleon EPI3 wood insert question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fas

Oct 30, 2017
Long Island
I just installed a new Napoleon EPI3 wood insert yesterday and started the first fire. I was expecting for the blower to come on, but it never kicked in.....this after burning wood for several hours. I know that it should start after it reaches a certain temperature, but after several hours of burning, it should have started. Any idea as to why.....and also how do you determine the temperature of when the blower kicks in. I appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thank you in advance.

John

If the insert had a good sized fire and the blower has not come on for an hour there are a few things that need checking. 1st, does the outlet that the stove is plugged into have power. 2. There is a thermal snap disc switch on a metal tab. This needs to be in good contact with the stove body. If not, with the unit unplugged, bend the tab a little more to the vertical position to improve contact. 3. There is a micro switch that makes sure that the door is closed. Does depressing this switch (when the insert is hot) cause the blower to come on? If yes then the dealer may need to investigate this switch operation.

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 12.36.11 PM.png

Lastly, check the blower knob...is it turned all the way to the left (i.e., in the off position)?

Sorry, had to mention it, didn't mean to insult your intelligence...sometimes it's the most obvious thing.

Yeah, something sounds off. I don't build big fires and mine will turn on in about a half hour when the stovetop is ~300F.