Napoleon EPI3T

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

clipse270

Mar 25, 2017
Harrisburg PA
Hey all need some input on this insert I’m looking at on Craigslist. The seller claims to be an installer who removed this stove and claims it to be 3 months old and used. He wanted $1500 but will take &900. Wha do I need to know about this stove and look for when I go see it. Thoughts and tips appreciated.

Dealer cost is probably in the $1,900 - $2,100 and has a MSRP selling price at $3,200, something doesn't sound right.
Look over the refractory bricks and baffles, check that it hasn't been over fired look for bulges, cracks, discoloration. Should also be getting the cast surround and door.