Napoleon pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky K

Feb 6, 2009
Hi My daughter bought a napoleon Auburn in Nov.. We installed if according to the manufacturers instructions started if up and it smoked so bad we had to shut it off. Of course I though that it was something I had done wrong so I resealed the joins again, checked the gaskets etc. Tried it again. Smoked again so I called the dealer to see what he said. He told me that he had a stove that was doing the same thing and for me to bring it back and he would give me a new one. Come to find out the smoke pipe is not flanged. It is a a rectangular slip join that is siliconed which was the same thing wrong with ours. The air vent side is flange, the smoke side is not. Sound back side to to me! I installed the other stove and this does not smoke, it doesn't Heat! With all setting on 5 the best I can get out of it is 120 degrees 1 inch off the heat exchange with a themometer. I have the same stove as an insert and get 170 degrees off it. Now the dealer says there is something wrong with it but won't give us our money back because he says he has not got his money back from distributor and the rep has been to her house and made all kinds of excuses but didn't even bring a themometer with him. There is something wrong when there is 50 degree difference with all settings the same even the same pellets. Now it's the middle of Feb with nothing resolved. Tomorrow the papers will be going to the Attorney Generals office, they have already been contacted and returned the e mail. Personally I would not buy another napoleon pellet stove. If you get one that is good you may be alright but don't expect to have any help from the manufacturer. Buyer Be Ware. This is my experience with them.
now it is Mar.11 We have not heard a word from the company, rep or dealer so a packet was sent the Maine Attorney Generals office. Let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.