Napoleon vs. Buck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roblag

Aug 3, 2007
Just got quotes on both the Napoleon 1401 and the Buck model 81 inserts. any body got any say on construction, use, or etc. I am having a chimney service install in an existing firplace. Thanks.

roblag said:
Just got quotes on both the Napoleon 1401 and the Buck model 81 inserts. any body got any say on construction, use, or etc. I am having a chimney service install in an existing firplace. Thanks.

Welcome to the Hearth. I have to say that I have no experience with either, but I think I've seen more positive comments about Napoleon than I have about Buck. No major complaints about Napoleon that I recall either.

Gooserider

I'm kinda partial to Buck. It is a "bigger" stove (more cubic ft.) than
the Napolean 1400. Not as pretty as some stoves, but very rugged.
I believe it comes std. w/ a blower.

Rob

Buck over Nap. But why stop at those two. I had a napoleon 1400 free standing. burn times limited smaller fire box.Nice to look at though.
Im one of those contaversial Cat owners now and love it. The Regencys are proven non cat though to open up your choices. Check the stove ratings on this site. They may may give you more ideas. Good luck.

I carry Both, Go for the Buck!

I also carry both and feel the Buck is hands down better. It is much heavier built with a more powerful blower if you need it.
Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.