Need 3" double wall pipe, and advice, for cubic mini wood stove in sprinter van

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hey just
I found this thread while researching the idea of putting a woodstove in our RV. I've got a question for you folks that have done this (the thread's a year old, so I hope you're done by now!) -- what do you do about putting the fire out when you want to drive off? Just close down the damper and suffocate it? How soon can you start driving? Or, am I over-thinking this?

Another question is regarding the possible mess the stove will make. how hard is it to keep ash from going everywhere? And how often do you need to clean the chimney -- also a messy job, I assume.

Thanks in advance!
paul

No problems at all. I have had a wood stove in my truck camper for 4 years now. When you want to go close the damper and drive off.

Depending on what you are burning you may never need to clean the chimney. I run a brush down mine every few trips just to be sure it is good and clean. I also put in one spoon of chimney sweep every day. Helps keep the chimney clean and dry. If you smolder lots of uncured wood you will get a sticky buildup of goo thats tough to clean out.