Need a wood stove for 240 sq ft cabin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gnewks91

Sep 21, 2020
NH
I am in need of an inexpensive wood stove for a small 240 sq ft cabin. I'm tempted to just buy one of those $299 us stoves and call it a day, but I know this forum will recommend against that. The 1269e would be a great style and footprint for what I need though. Who makes a similar stove?

What are some good brands/models of older stoves that I should be able to find used? Honestly, it probably wont see much more use than maybe a dozen times a year, so I don't need anything special or efficient. Just inexpensive, simple, and able to put out enough heat. Thanks!

I am in need of an inexpensive wood stove for a small 240 sq ft cabin. I'm tempted to just buy one of those $299 us stoves and call it a day, but I know this forum will recommend against that. The 1269e would be a great style and footprint for what I need though. Who makes a similar stove?

What are some good brands/models of older stoves that I should be able to find used? Honestly, it probably wont see much more use than maybe a dozen times a year, so I don't need anything special or efficient. Just inexpensive, simple, and able to put out enough heat. Thanks!
What about the clearances required by that pos stove.

Look at the smallest Englander or sbi stoves. They are good quality that won't crack from normal use and they are reasonably priced.

There are several tiny home threads here on the topic. A wood stove in that small space will be overkill, but some go for it.
Cubic makes small stoves. So do a couple marine companies like Dickenson and the Sardine stove.

Hard to beat a used Jotul 602. Just plan on buying new burn plates.