Need Advice Please - Flue Damage and Repair?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justin20

Aug 30, 2016
New Jersey
Hello - Fireplace company cleaned and inspected our wood burning stove and took the attached pictures of the internal exhaust pipe. Pics are the same area - one is just closer.

They say the system should not be used and the pipe must be repaired.

Is this really a risk and a $1000 plus repair necessary?

Thanks for your comments in advance.

chimney1.JPG chimney2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a liner in a chimney a class a chimney or is it stove pipe? What ever it is it needs repaired it honestly looks like it was damaged by improper cleaning.

stove.jpg
Thank you for your reply. The wood burning stove is encased within a large stone enclosure and the chimney covers the piping. I am the second owner so we do not know the maintenance history. Here's a picture of the stone covering the entire area. Thank you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I am assuming that it is a class a chimney then. And honestly as built in as that looks I think $1000 sounds pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.