Need experience advice!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ok yes I'll try the scoop first and if it doesn't work after a few days I'll give the magic bucket a try! So I got 4 zones I'll do each one seperate and after that is there a way to do the boiler also or do I only need to do the zones? Thanks

You'll want to install the ex. tank with the inlet at the top. This prevents air from getting trapped in the water side of it which will defeat the purpose of the bladder.
The ideal (not mandatory) location for the scoop & bleeder is just before the main circ. this should be the lowest pressure location in the system (suction side of pump) which will increase it's ability to separate air. The scoop is larger diameter then main pipe to reduce velocity which promotes air to separate and rise into hy-vent to escape.
The bleeder manufacturers publish tank size required based on system volume & min/max temps (Delta T). The more water volume and temp swing the larger the X tank needed.
Be patient, you'll figure it out. It may take time to work out on it's own also.

@Hydronics sorry for the late reply! I'm wondering if my problem could be that I have 2 expansion tanks in my system one is a bladder style and the other one is the old steel style without a bladder, and also I got automatic air vents in my system and I didn't think you could use them with the old steel bladder less tanks? Also I'm just figuring out what size bladder type I can use to replace it I'm thinking a #30 but I'm gonna find out for sure and I will put it with the inlet at the top like you said! And is it ok to have the bladder type expansion tank without an automatic air vent right above it as long as it is in the system at a different spot? Thanks