Need help/advice again on choosing new SS liner for chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donmac

Jun 3, 2015
Cincinnati Ohio
I need advice on SS liner options for reline of existing masonry round clay tile flue ( 8 1/4"ID and 10 1/4" OD) for a 20' interior chimney. Reline is for 6" vent for Pacific Energy Summit insert. Talked to four local sweeps/installers and found a few that understand the block off plate and will do what ever I want. One recommended using a pre-insulated hybrid liner that would be easier to slide through existing clay tile flue and have thicker walls. The brand is Olympia and has no thickness data on website. Another vendor site says the walls are .010 thick. I questioned them about alloy composition (either 304L or 316L inner wall and 430 outer wall) and was told each wall may be .005 thick not .010 each. So:
1. Any advice/experience on using pre-insulated liners and this one in particular?
2. Any other brands/types to look at?
3. Other advice?

Am I making this project/process too difficult? The more research I do, the more questions I have. I want to get this done before first snow fall.:confused:

Olimpia is a very good brand that is about all we use anymore. We have not yet used their preinsulated stuff but have used hybrid liners many times. It is a good liner with the same construction as their heavy wall flex liner just using a thinner metal. For a modern stove burnt and maintained correctly it should work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.