Need help attaching stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

piercey

Mar 4, 2022
Atlantic Canada
Im trying to reattach my excel double wall stove pipe (telescopic) back into my pacific energy super. I had to move it to tile a hearth pad. Came off fine with a little tug.

I can't seem to line it up just right. I took the baffle out to look and it's very precise and I cant seem to line it up.

Any tips?

And I had moisture issues with humidity (first summer with stove) and got a little rust. Damp rid and we're good now.

20220818_125430.jpg 20220818_124728.jpg

Do you mean lining it up with the existing screw holes? If so, take a pencil and mark the hole locations on the flue collar with pencil lines. Then it should be able to be dropped in alignment. It may take some persuading to seat it tightly to align the holes.