need help identifying a stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kalamazoofire

Mar 31, 2006
Hello all, i need some info on a stove that we are currently using in the shed:
We know its a Kalamazoo stove, however, we do not know what model and year of manufacture. im hopin someone can help. It is a wood burning stove, on the inside if the left door on the front is the following:
Puritan
Kalamazoo Stove Co
Kalamazoo, Mich
8-18 1934
Im thinking its a Kalamazoo stove, model Puritan, and it was manufctured on 8-18-1934. can anyone confirm or deny this? Any info would help. Thanks!

Heres some pics to help:

Attachments

• IM000165.JPG
    IM000165.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,364
  • IM000166.JPG
    IM000166.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 723
kalamazofire,
Are those numbers in the cast iron? If so I'd guess that the 8-18 is a model number or something rather than a date. I'd be awfully suprised if they were changing their casting marks on a daily basis.

-Dan

After some more searching, i found that 8-18 is a model number. but im still confused at the "Puritan" does anyone even have a suggestion at what it could be? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.