Need help identifying this fireplace...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lml999

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2013
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Sister moved into a house and found this fireplace...not quite sure what it is... Can someone help identify it? Is that just a fancy damper and blower control for a standard wood burning fireplace?

Thanks!

fireplace.jpgcontrol.jpg

Sister moved into a house and found this fireplace...not quite sure what it is... Can someone help identify it? Is that just a fancy damper and blower control for a standard wood burning fireplace?

Thanks!
My bet would be that it is a mark 1 fireplace furnace manufactured by energy alternatives.

Reactions: begreen
My bet would be that it is a mark 1 fireplace furnace manufactured by energy alternatives.
Thank you, Captain Obvious. :)

I did some googling and did not find anything useful. This device looks pretty old and the company may be long gone...

The real question is...is it a simple wood burning fireplace (heatilator style) and can be used as such, after being inspected?

Reactions: bholler
Thank you, Captain Obvious. :)

I did some googling and did not find anything useful. This device looks pretty old and the company may be long gone...

The real question is...is it a simple wood burning fireplace (heatilator style) and can be used as such, after being inspected?
You would really have to get someone on site to give you more understanding of it. I have never heard of it or seen one.

Reactions: lml999