Need help identifying this old stove and love to sell it.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mistervic

Jul 30, 2021
Massachusettes
7391F412-3C12-4B8C-B37B-C4712BEF732A.jpegEA252089-7BFB-48B8-9C49-03C905D52D77.jpeg

It is a Franklin style stove probably late 70s to early 80s. Worth at most $150 but probably less. Also a very dangerous install as many of those were

I buy and sell used wood stoves for a hobby and I see stoves similar to this on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. Some people have a hard time selling them. I have seen them priced for $125.00 to $50.00 and some even give them away. But hard to say what will happen in your area. I would start at $150.00 with BO. When it comes to used wood stoves these types stove rank low on the list. Not trying to be negative but sharing what I have observed watching the market on used wood stove.

I restore in northern VT, and deal with your area alot as well. These old franklin stoves are basically worth scrap. Sometimes you might get lucky and someone will give you $100 for it if they are in a rush and impulse buy, but these are literally given away more than actually bought online.
I charge milage +50 to pick them up and scrap them for people. Normally a better option to just find a local scrapper that will take it for free.

Reactions: bholler and begreen
Welcome to the site. This is the feedback I thought. Cheers!

Reactions: Blazzinghot
If you know any artists in your area that deal with cast iron they would be happy to take it off your hands.

Reactions: PaulOinMA
I paid someone $20, I think, to scrap a fireplace insert a few years ago. Think I have a few number to call in my phone. I can post them, if you need to go that route.

I have used a few of them as patio stoves they work pretty well untill they fall apart after a few years

Reactions: john26 and SpaceBus