Need help identifying this pellet vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bdchimney

Apr 24, 2023
USA
Hello all,

I’m a certified tech in my 20’s - need help from the old guys. Had a new service call to a guy’s hunting camp. There’s no termination cap installed on this pellet vent and it looks like the 90° was modified since original install. Looking to help this customer get squared away with the right parts but I’m not positive on brand. I usually only install Ventis but I know it’s not modern Duravent or Excel. Doubt it’s something I can still get parts for but need to try.

No labels other than Made in Canada. Connected to a freestanding accentra.

57BA3A89-55B8-4E7A-8644-6A85578C88EC.png BB1CCD64-D1C1-4440-BFBE-B6497FD408F9.jpeg D54B334E-F449-46CD-BC6A-5CA925CABE6A.jpeg

What are you trying to accomplish? There does not need to be a vent cap.
But if other sections need repair/replaced, replace all of it.

Reactions: johneh
What are you trying to accomplish? There does not need to be a vent cap.
But if other sections need repair/replaced, replace all of it.
There is no screening on the termination cap. What is preventing a bird from building a nest? A fire could easily occur from that happening.

A bird would not build a nest as long as the stove is running.
When I am done with heating in the spring I would put a rag in
the end of the pipe (both termination and Oak) Now I have
made wooden plugs that fit in the holes. If you screen the
outlet it will plug with fly ash very quickly
Just my Nickles worth.

I used to wad up newspaper and place it in the vent cap, then cover with a ziplock freezer bag and hold that on with a rubber band. Last year I got rubber PVC drain waste caps and I no longer worry about missing a piece of the newspaper in the fall (been there, done that).

I use a plastic freezer bag with zip ties to cover for summer..
can't see it but opening at top has grated protector.

IMG_1841.JPG