need help iding manufacture of wood boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philco56

Dec 7, 2014
Hi all just purchased a used wood boiler. It looks like a greenwood or greenfire. But it is not. The spec tag on the unit has no mfg. Name on it or point of origin. It does say it is a model ID 100, 130k btu 85% efficient.It has 2 flue cconnections on the back one low the other high see photo. It also has an ash pan in the front below the load door. Any help would be grateful. Thanks IMG_20141207_111820.jpg

Interesting, I have the Greenwood 100.....2009 model....many similarities....mine has single LOW exhaust pipe 8". Damper and control looks about same....your motor looks new...Could maybe be an old Seton or Greenwood..Heat exchanger might be a mess....

That looks like a Seton or Seton clone to me....as Gene said, the HX is probably plugged solid. Good luck !

Pat

Stokes79, thanks for the info.Any idea where I might find any more info on the boiler? I have searched the web no luck in the way of an owners manual that tell me hoe to operate it. I believe a fan might be missing and were no controls with it
Thanks
Philco56

So what prompted you to purchase this particular boiler? Some of the things you're questioning now should have been done before the purchase.

So what prompted you to purchase this particular boiler? Some of the things you're questioning now should have been done before the purchase.
Well Fred61 long story short the person I bought the boiler from said he had to locate the manual and misc. Parts
1 month latter no luck on anything. As is said buyer beware. I was told it was a greenwood, do not think this is so. So I will get this beast going as it appears to be a Seton clone of sorts. Just hoping to tap into this forums vast knowledge.
Thanks
Philco56

Status
Not open for further replies.