Need help replacing a VC Defiant Encore cable

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oct 6, 2022
silver69
Greetings,

We are in the process of replacing the primary air thermostat cable (which broke last winter) on my VC Defiant Encore #2550. We are having an issue finding the attachment point where the end of the cable should attach to within the stove. At this point we have pulled off more parts than we are comfortable with and are wondering how much deeper I need to go. Anyone know where the end point is and any tips on getting there?

Thanks in advance

Erin & Scott

Greetings,

We are in the process of replacing the primary air thermostat cable (which broke last winter) on my VC Defiant Encore #2550. We are having an issue finding the attachment point where the end of the cable should attach to within the stove. At this point we have pulled off more parts than we are comfortable with and are wondering how much deeper I need to go. Anyone know where the end point is and any tips on getting there?

Thanks in advance

Erin & Scott
Update: We persevered and figured it out... not well enough that I can explain it on here but it's done!!!