Need help trying to identify a stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mnorling

Sep 14, 2020
California
My wife and I are purchasing a home that is 4 hours away. I got a call from the finance company they may need to have certification the wood stove in the house is approved. Being 4 hours away and of course not having taken good photos of it I an\m trying to identify it to get more educated on it. The previous owner passed away so that's out. Anyone recognize this stove? Doesn'
1.jpg
t look all that old and seems like goo quality product.

Thanks for any info you can give us.

Mike

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 99
My wife and I are purchasing a home that is 4 hours away. I got a call from the finance company they may need to have certification the wood stove in the house is approved. Being 4 hours away and of course not having taken good photos of it I an\m trying to identify it to get more educated on it. The previous owner passed away so that's out. Anyone recognize this stove? Doesn'View attachment 263202t look all that old and seems like goo quality product.

Thanks for any info you can give us.

Mike
I have seen many of them but can't remember the name right now. But it absolutely is not EPA certified and probably not ul listed. I would also guess there are clearance issues

Looks very similar to the Orley, also popular out west back in the day.