Help identifying old wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ejazz

Feb 25, 2024
Central WI
Hello all,
Could anyone add any info on the pictured stove? It may be a coal/wood combo? It has a heavy cast burn chamber and a thin steel-porcelain surround. It looks similar to a Sterling but not exactly. The hardware for the stove is the slotted screws and square nuts if that helps dating the unit? the grates rotate to dump the ashes. The legs are detachable and one is actually broken hence the need to identify so I can try and gather replacement parts if possible. Thanks!

20240225_175501[1].jpg20240225_175536[1].jpg20240225_175629[1].jpg20240225_175607[1].jpg

Hello all,
Could anyone add any info on the pictured stove? It may be a coal/wood combo? It has a heavy cast burn chamber and a thin steel-porcelain surround. It looks similar to a Sterling but not exactly. The hardware for the stove is the slotted screws and square nuts if that helps dating the unit? the grates rotate to dump the ashes. The legs are detachable and one is actually broken hence the need to identify so I can try and gather replacement parts if possible. Thanks! View attachment 325184View attachment 325185View attachment 325186View attachment 325187
Can't help with ID you will have to look for casting marks for that. But I can absolutely tell you it's a coal stove not a wood stove