Need help with first fire in Cumberland Gap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierranevada

Dec 10, 2007
near Lake Tahoe
Hello Fire Community,
I have a used Cumberland Gap which is installed and beautiful, but I have not fired it yet. I don't have the manual. Could someone out there please give me the lowdown on the controls? Which nob/position is combustion air; which controls the draft? Any advice on loading and firing this stove? I have mostly soft wood at the moment.

I'm in Reno and we are supposed to get high winds tonight. I'm thinking we may have a power outage and I'll need my stove for heat. We are also heading into some really cold weather. Would really appreciate some advice. Yes, I know the manual is available online, but I have dial-up and it keeps disconnecting before I get the info. Thanks!!

BeGreen said:
Hope you still have power. Here is the location for the manual online. It's got better instructions and pictures than we can provide (page 20). Also check out the baffle diverters location on the previous page. Make sure they are in place correctly before firing up:
http://www.quadrafire.com/Products/Wood_Burning/Wood_Model.asp?f=CUMBERLNDGAP

When we installed the Cumberland last year, I read the manual very carefully about the baffle diverters, and it seems to say that they are needed only for the horizontal flue installation. I ran with them in for a while, then took them out--no difference in performance.

Did I do a no-no??

herbster

Status
Not open for further replies.