Need help with harman accentra zc box install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmckeon

Dec 7, 2012
Hey I hope you guys can help my dealer is clueless. I bought a harman accentra from my local fireplace dealership along with the zc box and vent pipe. When I tried to install the 4 inch L vent pipe that he supplied it would not fit through the hole. The hole on the zc measures 4 1/2 while the L pipe measures 4 and 3/4. Did the dealer give me the wrong pipe? I read that L and pl are interchangeable but maybe the dimensions are just slightly different? Do I need to return the pipe?

Why are you running 4"? Generally with the ZC box, it's installed in a dog house & vented nearly straight out the back. In that case you only need the 3" PV...You'll need to chase the starter flange on the cradle to 3", but the price of that should be paid for by the $$$ you save on the venting.

Why are you running 4"? Generally with the ZC box, it's installed in a dog house & vented nearly straight out the back. In that case you only need the 3" PV...You'll need to chase the starter flange on the cradle to 3", but the price of that should be paid for by the $$$ you save on the venting.
Thanks for responding. The zc box is specific to the accentra and only has a precut hole on the top of the top. The dealer told me we need the 4". But it larger than the hole. Do different manufacturers sell different diameter 4"? And this is L pipe not PL does that make a difference? Also, all the pipe I have seen are twist lock, the pipe they sold me is push together and screwed.

Thanks for responding. The zc box is specific to the accentra and only has a precut hole on the top of the top. The dealer told me we need the 4". But it larger than the hole. Do different manufacturers sell different diameter 4"? And this is L pipe not PL does that make a difference? Also, all the pipe I have seen are twist lock, the pipe they sold me is push together and screwed.

You don't need 4" unless you are going to exceed a 15 foot vent length. Tell him you want the 3" pellet vent. Sounds like he carries Excel PV. It's good stuff. I have it on both of mine. The DuraVent PV twist locks & it leaks.

eh, what the heck....I'll say it.....just have the dealer install it and make it HIS problem.......

where are you located?

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.