Need help with older Preway BI28 and BI36.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lwlampy

May 2, 2020
Colorado
I was wondering if I can install a blower in either of them and the BI36 is missing the damper. Is it possible to find replacement damper or do I need to install a chimney damper? Any info would help. Thanks

Yeah, that's the same info I found. I'm just not sure about the model number and if it would use one or not. Neither one of mine has the "B" after the model number. And I can't find any parts, wondering if I can retrofit or not.

I was wondering if I can install a blower in either of them and the BI36 is missing the damper. Is it possible to find replacement damper or do I need to install a chimney damper? Any info would help. Thanks
Have you had a full inspection done of the entire system? If the damper is missing what else could be wrong. Was it removed or did it rust away? These things really only have a projected lifespan of 15 to 20 years. And you are not allowed to retrofit anything

Have you had a full inspection done of the entire system? If the damper is missing what else could be wrong. Was it removed or did it rust away? These things really only have a projected lifespan of 15 to 20 years. And you are not allowed to retrofit anything
The previous people had put a small wood stove in front of the fireplace and ran stovepipe out the back and into the flue. Before we moved in, the owner took it out and a chimney sweep company came out to clean it and inspect it to make sure we could use both of them safely. (upstairs is BI28, downstairs is BI36) with two different chimneys. They told my wife I could install a top damper in the 36, the 28 still has the original. I just seen online the manual for BI28B that you could add a blower. Just wondering if that is the case for BI28 or BI36? The company said they were okay to use as is.

The previous people had put a small wood stove in front of the fireplace and ran stovepipe out the back and into the flue. Before we moved in, the owner took it out and a chimney sweep company came out to clean it and inspect it to make sure we could use both of them safely. (upstairs is BI28, downstairs is BI36) with two different chimneys. They told my wife I could install a top damper in the 36, the 28 still has the original. I just seen online the manual for BI28B that you could add a blower. Just wondering if that is the case for BI28 or BI36? The company said they were okay to use as is.
You absolutely cannot add a top sealing damper to that. The fact that they suggested it would make me question everything they did. As far as the blower goes without a manual I can't say.

It definitely looks like a blower was an option.